Olive Cox, an EMT in New York was able to finish her meal before being dispatched to her next call.
“I was amazed, as I took my last bite of my sandwich, I realised that I had just had an actual uninterrupted meal break. I’ve been an EMT for 23 years, this is the first time it’s ever happened!”
A spokesperson for the FDNY said they were currently conducting a thorough investigation into the incident to ensure it does not happen again.
*This article is satire. (Duh)*
While You’re here…
Why not read some of our other content?
Become a Member To Read
- Scenario: Quarterback
- The Art of Scene Management: Optimizing Efficiency in Emergency Response
- Scenario: Baby on board
- Lessons from Chicago Fire – Can we benefit from Fiction?
- Deep Dive: Angina
- The future: Electric Ambulances
- 5 ways to earn your patients trust
- Deep Dive: Atrial Fibrillation
- Deep Dive: Flash Pulmonary Edema